Wednesday, December 31, 2008

This Reminds Me of Being a Kid

Back when I was in school, my dad would take time between Christmas and New Year's off. Since my son, Will, is planning on leaving for The University of Utah in a couple of weeks, I decided that I would try taking some time off. By the time I was done getting things planned, I realized I was going to need about three weeks. So I put in for all of them a while ago. I learned that I could have the time. It made things much less stressful not to have to worry about getting work tasks done and then getting ready for the holidays. This might be something I do in the future as well. I'll see how many others jump on my plan for 2009.

Christmas was great. We got to spend it with my sister's family. Those two boys while busy are really funny. It was nice to sneak around and do things for Will as well. He is such a great young man and tries so hard to be positive about what he goes through. I'm sure he'll do well when he leaves. It seems like such a long time before he goes, but honestly it's only a few days. For now, we're just going to have fun, watch lots of football, and try one more time to make a bunch of good memories.

1 comment:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi guys!

I hope things are going well and you aren't too sad being empty nesters. Will seems like he is adjusting really well!

XOXOXOXOXO
Jen