Friday, June 27, 2008

End of Vacation

It's the end of my vacation, and I'm feeling pretty good, considering...

Had a great time at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, if you haven't been there, you need to spend a day in Monterey and enjoy it. My old Scout troop gave us tickets and 2 nights in a nice hotel on Cannery Row. That's how we spent Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday of this week. Thursday and today we've just been working around the house.

I made some of "my" barbecue sauce (watermelon and vinegar based), and we're going to have pork ribs tonight. I'm looking forward to that, I enjoy my watermelon ribs.

I was starting to feel pretty good, then I went to my Neurologist and got some very interesting news. The reason I've felt so bad is because I've had another relapse.  Dr Amir, prescribed new drugs, and some sort of a steroid drip. She thinks this will help me feel better. She also prescribed some drug that costs over $600 / month. How can drug companies charge that?Obviously my insurance company isn't too thrilled with that one. I thought there were lots of people that have MS, why do companies charge so much for a drug that lots of people could benefit from? I understand companies need to make money, but $600 per month per person? That seems just a little extreme.

So other than that we'll see how this all goes.

No comments: